The University of Missouri | Columbia, Mo.
March 2010-Aug. 2011
M.P.A., Public Affairs/Nonprofit Management
The George Washington University | Washington, D.C.
Aug. 2009-Jan. 2010
M.A., Media and Public Affairs
Transferred prior to completion
The University of Missouri | Columbia, Mo.
Aug. 2005-May 2009
B.J., Print and Digital News
B.A., Political Science
St. Louis Priory School | Creve Coeur, Mo.
Aug. 1999-May 2005
High School Diploma
Saint Louis Abbey/Saint Louis Priory School | St. Louis, Mo.
A Benedictine monastery and its associated high school.
• Marketing and Communications Specialist, October 2013-present
Handled social media and website content, wrote stories for and laid out the weekly e-newsletter, assisted with writing, editing, graphic design and photography for PR projects. Worked with other departments on launch of new website and suite of organizational databasing/management tools.
Saint Louis University School of Law | St. Louis, Mo.
Saint Louis University is a private, Jesuit institution founded in 1818. SLU LAW was the first law school west of the Mississippi.
• Web Marketing Coordinator, April 2012-October 2013
Handled social media and website content, helped strategize new digital strategies and content portals, worked with our team’s web developer to begin the process of redesigning the school’s website.
University of Missouri System | Columbia, Mo.
The governing body of the state university system.
• Student Assistant/Projects Intern, Feb. 2010-Aug. 2011
Helped coordinate messaging between departments, Helped with PR and communications tasks, Made corrections and updates to the system Web site.
National Taxpayers Union and Foundation | Washington, D.C.
A fiscal policy advocacy organization.
• Communications/Gov’t Affairs Intern, Sept. 2009-Jan. 2010
Wrote news and opinon pieces for publication, helped update press lists and craft multimedia, worked with social media and Web projects, helped with policy research and related projects.
National Republican Congressional Committee | Washington, D.C.
The U.S. House Republicans’ elections committee.
• Communications Intern, Sept. 2009-Oct. 2009
Helped update press lists, distribute press releases and update information and news links on the committee’s Web site.
Columbia Missourian | Columbia, Mo.
Columbia’s morning newspaper, operated by the Missouri School of Journalism. Circulation: approximately 5,500.
• Teaching Assistant, May 2009-Aug. 2009
Helped new designers and copy editors, slot edited stories, posted stories to the Web, designed news and sports pages, proofed pages, helped put together the newspaper’s home page for the next day
• Page Designer, Jan. 2009-May 2009
Designed cover and inside news pages
• Copy Editor, Aug. 2008-Dec. 2008
Edited news and sports content
• Public Safety Beat Reporter, May 2007-Aug. 2007
Covered issues involving courts and Columbia area law enforcement.
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel | Milwaukee, Wis.
Milwaukee’s metro daily newspaper. Circulation: 405,355
• Copy Desk Intern, May 2008-Aug. 2008
Edited on the universal (news and business) and features desks.
The Maneater | Columbia, Mo.
The independent student newspaper of the University of Missouri. Circulation: approximately 9,000.
• Editor-in-Chief, May 2007-May 2008
Managed the staff and coordinated content for the newspaper.
• City, State and Nation Editor, May 2006-May 2007
Coordinated coverage of local and state news, including award-winning coverage of the 2006 midterm elections. Also coordinated special sections on housing and employment for MU students.
• Reporter and Page Designer, Nov. 2005-May 2006
Covered news in a variety of sections and designed news and features pages.
• Knights of Columbus, Saint Ambrose Council (Aug. 2012-present). Deputy Grand Knight (May 2013-present)
• Lambda Chi Alpha, Gamma-Kappa chapter Alumni Association interim president (Aug. 2013-present) and vice president for communications (April 2010-present), chapter vice president for standards (Spring 2009) and vice president for fraternity education (2007)
• Association of Mizzou Public Affairs Students member (2010-2011)
• MU Student Fee Capital Improvement Committee member (2009)
• MU Committee on Student Organizations co-chairman (2009)
• MU New Greek Education leader (Fall 2008)
• Boone County, Mo. election judge (2010)
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite CS2, CS3 and CS4, HTML and various web content management systems
• Seven years of coursework in French
• Experience and coursework in social networking, online media, web design and content/media management
• State of Missouri Bright Flight Scholar
• Associated Collegiate Press 2006-2007 Pacemaker Award
•Missouri College Media Association 2007 Awards for Journalism Excellence for in-depth reporting (1st place for 2006 election coverage) and special section (2nd place, 2006 voter guide)